A clogged dryer vent not only means your appliance has to run longer to dry your clothes, it also poses a serious fire safety risk.
Dryers account for the largest share of appliance fires—more than 15,000 each year in North America alone. According to the National Fire Protection Association, the leading cause of dryer fires is lack of regular maintenance. Of the approximately 15,000 fires, 80% are caused by clogged dryer vents.
Dryer vents should be cleaned at least once a year to keep the air in your home clean, reduce fire hazards and ensure the continued safe and efficient operation of your dryer.
Let the professionals at ACT be your dryer vent cleaning solution. Using pro-grade equipment, our experienced technicians will check that all parts are functioning properly and eradicate any potentially flammable loose debris causing blockage.
Simple Steps To Protect Your Home From A Dryer Fire
- Ensure outside vent cap operates properly and flaps open freely
- Clean lint trap before every use; never operate without lint trap
- Ensure dryer duct is properly installed and free of kinks
- Clean dryer duct at least two times a year for maximum airflow
- Replace duct every two to three years
- Use vacuum attachment to remove excess lint within dryer cavity
- Clean dryer vents at least once per year