An interview excerpt with Geron Smith, Director of Business Development
Interviewer: Do technicians have to be certified to handle water and mold damage?
Geron: There’s not a license required in the state of Kansas to my knowledge for the mold side of it. And I don’t believe there’s any requirement for a technician to be certified to handle water loss. Now, our personal opinion in the way we handle our business here is our technicians are certified. They go through water training, fire training, handling contents and odor control to get the home put back to pre-loss conditions. We take that very seriously and we do train our technicians and they do have certificates of completion for the classes that they’re in. From a state standpoint, I don’t think there’s any kind of a requirement that they have to be certified, but we do with all of ours.